Friday, April 15, 2016

The Struggle to Breathe

Day 159

It is mid April and I am guilty of doing the opposite of what I set out to do, per my New Years resolution. As the first weeks of 2016 went by I soon realized my mistake. Rather than lose weight I have gained a significant amount.

This year I decided to apply reverse psychology and to set a goal to GAIN weight instead of lose it. I reasoned that so many times in the past I have tried to lose weight but gained instead; if I set out to gain weight, I would accomplish just the opposite.

Too late I realized my mistake. Now, several months later, I find that I have surpassed my goal to "gain" weight, by actually gaining weight.

I would celebrate reaching my goal, if I wasn't so depressed.

I have gained so much weight I can hardly breath with even the smallest of exertions. I feel like a fish with no water. It's a terrible feeling.

My doctor says I have the beginnings of asthma. Add that to the list of reasons I need to lose weight; not just want to lose weight but need to lose weight. The list is getting long indeed.

The fishing season has arrived and I'll never be able to get my two man boat into my truck. I guess I'll just have to fish from shore.

At least until I catch my breath.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment