Saturday, April 16, 2016

Breathtaking Backus Lake

Day 160

Backus Lake April 2016
It was such a beautiful day today. I went to Backus Lake. The cattails were in full seed and the lake was gently lapping at my feet. I wet a line but had no luck. I guess I'll have to try live bait next time which will be tomorrow.

I got my boat into the back of my pickup with very little trouble (breathing). I loaded the trolling motor and put the battery on the charger to top it off.

The wind is suppose to be down tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as the weather here is unpredictable. The best way to see if there's too much wind for fishing is look outside at the trees. Best wind indicator I know.

Backus Lake March 2016

Another photo of Backus Lake before the ice was completely gone. Across the other side in this photo is a great place for Bass when the wind is out of the SouthEast.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment