Saturday, April 2, 2016

It's Snowing...AGAIN!!!

Day 146

In January, it was so warm, I had the germ of an idea that I would be fishing in April, possibly even March.

Then March came along and the ice left the lake early this year. And the germ grew that I would be fishing in April. Then the snow came. Then it came again. It is now April 2nd and snowing as I write this.

The forecast for the next week is high temperatures around 35 degrees.

I won't go fishing until the temps reach at least 60 degrees. But that's just me. The boat docks are in at the Houghton Lake DNR lake access sites. But the docks are not in yet at the Higgins Lake DNR boat launch sites. Higgins Lake is much deeper and stays colder than Houghton Lake so there may still be some ice floating around Higgins.

I'm still hopeful I will get out and fish before April is over.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment