Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Dieting is Hard Work

Day 164

I went to Walmart to pick up some groceries, and try to get myself back on track with my weight loss. I go to Walmart either early morning or early evening to miss the crowd. I can usually get in and out.

I walked around the store a little extra to get some exercise and went past the sporting goods section to check on their live bait. I have been reluctant to purchase live bait because the weather is still unpredictable and I don't want bait going bad in my fridge.

If you have ever purchased bait at the Houghton Lake Walmart you will know they switched to a large, glass door fridge a few years ago; before that they had a small office style fridge. They're back to the small one. They had wax worms and red worms but no crawlers.

I prefer crawlers and I usually buy Walt's Crawler's because they're from Michigan. I also buy from Papa's Bait Shop as it's on the way to the marina where my brother parks his boat.

Tonight I was tempted to try the red worms. I reached into the fridge to pull out one of the containers and check to see if they were lively, until I noticed the air inside was warm. You have to keep worms cool or they liquefy and stink to high heaven. The fridge was turned off.

I passed on the red worms.

One bad thing about shopping late is Walmart only has a few registers open. As I strolled along, passing each open register, looking for a shopper with only a few items, I was disappointed. So I went to "self checkout". Self checkout and I don't get along. But I only had a few items so I decided to chance it.

Everything went smoothly until I tried to scan the "boneless skinless chicken breasts" (the diet food). They wouldn't scan. The Walmart assistant overseeing self checkout tried to scan it. Then she tried, no less than 15 times, to punch in the code number. The computer told her to set it aside and scan the other items. The chicken was the LAST item.

Finally, she calls for assistance.

The supervisor comes by and punches in the number. It goes right through. She tells us you have to add a zero to the number. Of course. Who wouldn't know that?

OK. All set. The I swipe my card. It won't read. I try again and again. I swipe down. I swipe up. I would have swiped sideways if I could. I'm getting frustrated. It finally works. I leave Walmart and stop at McDonalds. I get two McChicken sandwiches.

Dieting is just too hard.

Until tomorrow,

Ken



No comments:

Post a Comment