Monday, April 4, 2016

Aahhhh Pizza

Day 148

I cannot tell a lie. I just half of a Little Caesars Deep Deep Dish pizza. It was sooo good. I love pizza. It is one of the reasons I weigh well over 300 lbs. But as my cardiologist is quick to remind me, "I have to lose weight!"

I have several health concerns all of which stem from being obese. I know I need to lose about 100 lbs. Yet I keep on over eating and sitting when I should be exercising. With even a moderate diet and just exercising twice a week, I can lose considerable weight in a relatively short time.

I can eat plenty. I just need to stay away from certain foods. Breads, pastas and sugary sweets are deadly to my weight lose. Otherwise as long as I eat in reasonable amounts and with minimal exercise to start, the pounds will melt off.

Without pre-measured meals or calorie counting.

I can ride my exercise bike no matter what the weather is outside although the fresh air is good for me. Just 20 minutes every three days to start is best for weight lose. Building muscle is good but I usually wait until I have lost a fair amount of weight.

My goal is to reach 215 lbs. That would be a loss of approximately 130 lbs. I don't want to lose it too fast or I'll have loose skin hanging everywhere. At one time a surgeon would remove the excess skin for free and use the skin to help burn victims. But now there is synthetic skin. Real skin is no longer used and you will have to pay to have the excess skin removed. Most insurance companies won't cover the procedure as it is considered cosmetic surgery.

So slow and steady is best in weight lose to give the skin extra time to retract or shrink. Besides the faster you lose the faster you put it on again. Losing weight is only half the fight. The other half is keeping it off.

If you lose the extra weight and then go back to your former eating habits, your going to put the weight right back on. I don't consider my change in eating a diet but a change of lifestyle. To keep the weight off I must maintain the new lifestyle. This is where I have failed before.

All I can do is keep on trying.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment