Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A Slice of Dilemma

Day 157

So here I sit on the horns of a dilemma.

I went to see my cardiologist a couple of days ago. The good news was my heart is in great shape. Actually, that's excellent news. BUT. I am having trouble breathing. I get winded over the shortest distance.

The Dr. says I could benefit from a bronchial dilator. You know the thing you stick in mouth, puff and inhale. The kind that comes from the pharmacy, not the corner drug dealer. Actually, they could both be the corner drug dealer if the pharmacy is on the corner. OK, one is legal and one is not. Unless your in Colorado.

Anyway. My weight is probably the culprit for my breathlessness. So I just need to lose weight. On the other hand I love pizza. Not exactly a diet food. And right now Little Caesars has a stuffed crust square pizza. Eight crispy corners with extra cheese in the crust.

My dilemma. I have a Deep Deep Dish pizza fresh out of the oven and I have eaten half of my usual number of slices. And I'm starting to feel full. Do I stop now or go for another square while the pizza is still hot?

Solution. If I can get to the pizza and back to my chair without stopping to catch my breath, I say eat another slice. What the hell. You only live once.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment