Thursday, April 14, 2016

Houghton Lake Fishing Report April 2016

Day 158

The weather is going to be sunny and the high in the seventies on Saturday and Sunday, The winds are suppose to be around 6-8 mph. So at least it will be a nice weekend for fishing.

Traditionally though, fishing in the transition between cold ice and warm water, the fishing is not that great. I know someone out there will tell me I am wrong. This has been my experience in the spring.

The fish seldom bite but when they do, they're large fish. Bass and Northern Pike are the common ones. Smaller fish such as perch and bluegill hardly bite until the water warms up a bit. Then the fishing really picks up. Around the middle to the end of May.

I went by Backus Lake today and someone already had a boat in the water. A little too cool for me as the high was only around fifty. I like it to be sixty or above.

The ramps have been in the lake on Houghton for several weeks now. But Higgins are still in the parking lot.

I haven't been by Reedsburg Dam yet. They have a dock now but it isn't necessary to put a boat in there as people have been doing it for years without a dock.

I should have more to report after this weekend.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment