Monday, January 25, 2016

I Like to Hibernate

Day 78


I find it's getting late in the day and I'm behind on my blog entry. I should have had this done a couple of hours ago. I am a procrastinator by nature but even more so in the winter time. I'm like a big ol' bear (in more ways than one) who hibernates in the winter. This is suppose to be the time I do most of my writing. Come spring and summer and fall I'll be fishing, though not as much as I use to.

The point of this 365 day blog challenge is to get into the habit of writing everyday. I want to publish a book of poetry, as much for the publishing aspect as the poetry itself. Poetry is not a big seller and so I'll be self publishing or indie publishing is the modern term. Of course, I hope to sell some books. That would be great for my ego if not my wallet.

So with that in mind I must start reading Dante again. When I read Dante I start to think and talk in verse. My brother tried to take me to the hospital once, saying I was babbling and he thought I had brain damage. Poetry is not for everyone, often filled with hidden meaning. My poetry is not deep. Like maybe knee deep. Written by an average poet for the average reader. Why should only those with a high I.Q. be the only ones to enjoy poetry? Here's to the common reader with
extraordinary passions and some imagination.

Well, that's enough waxing poetic for one evening. But, there will be more, oh yes, there will be more.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment