Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Cabin Fever Already in 2016

Day 58


It's not even one week into January and I already have the dreaded "cabin fever".

How could this happen? I always considered winter a great time to catch up on doing those things I never find time for in the summer. Things like straightening the office, sorting old bills left on the desk, going through old clothes I no longer (or never did) wear. Straighten out my closet and drawers.
Learn to play the piano (been meaning to do that one for ten years). Write a novel, once again on my new years resolution. And so on.

Normally, I make it all the way to the Tip Up Town USA festival before banging my head. This year I have already started looking for a soft spot in the wall. Don't want a head injury, although that would get me out of the house with a trip to the hospital.

I'm lucky gas prices are down since I usually take a ride around the lake in the early evening. I have a "traveling jones". Probably the reason I joined the Navy and eventually became a long haul truck driver. I love to travel and see new things. I've already been surfing the travel websites. Just daydreaming about a weekend here or there.

There's a bed and breakfast in Ohio called Ravenwood Castle. I'd like to spend a weekend there someday (in the summer). The whole place is setup like a castle with rooms and a village with cabins. They have murder mystery and other themed weekends. Sounds like a lot of fun. It's about an eight hour drive from Houghton Lake, although there is a small airport close by. That's how I first heard about it, as a great vacation spot for people who fly their own plane. Wish we had one like that in Michigan, save on the drive time. If you like B&B's and don't mind the drive check out the link. They have a great website.

Almost time for my evening ride.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment