Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Fortune and Glory The Quest for Riches

Day 80


I have been anxiously awaiting the latest book that I ordered from Jet.com. I should say ordered anything "through" them since this is being sold and shipped by Barnes & Noble. This is not about where I got the book from it's about the subject matter.

Fortune & Glory: A Treasure Hunters Guide deals with a subject I have been interested in since I was young. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to say most boys are interested in adventure and finding hidden or buried treasure. The book cover even strongly resembles the title from the Indiana Jones movies.

Indiana Jones, of course, stimulated the desire for fortune and glory through movies and a lesser known book series. But outside of entertainment, the search for mythical treasure is nothing compared to digging up information about possible hidden treasures. I thought the internet would be full of websites dedicated to stories of lost cities of gold, pirate booty, lost artifacts and antiques. I found nada, nothing, zip, zero, zilch. The only thing I found was this book. I'm hoping it's a starting point for my research.

I have no intention of running off to South American jungles in search of riches. But I would like to write some stories of someone who does chase their dreams. Half of the fun of writing a story is in the research and the surprising tidbits of information that you discover.

Maybe I should take my research and start a website for treasure hunters. After all I can't be the only Indiana Jones fan out there with dreams of "fortune and glory".

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment