Sunday, January 17, 2016

Gas Down to .78 Cents in Houghton Lake...And I Already Have a Full Tank

Day 70


Gas prices for the first time in decades dropped below $1.00 a gallon to .78 cents a gallon. Of course, I had just filled my tank a couple of days ago for $1.71 a gallon. Just doing my part to keep the economy going.

I didn't make it to the Tip Up Town Fundraiser at Shenanigans last night but I did drive by and the place was jumping. Just before 7 pm last night the parking lot was full. Seems the word got out about the free nachos.

As of this writing, 8:45 pm, we're still waiting for the 3-5 inches of snow we were threatened with by the weather channel. Hopefully, we'll be waiting until next winter.

My brother Tom called today and we talked for two hours and had a great conversation. We avoided politics and religion.

I talked to my mom who is living at the Brook Retirement Community. She eats her meals in their dining room. Someone walked down the hall carrying Kentucky Fried Chicken and she freaked out.       "It smelled so good I thought I had died and gone to heaven."
    "Did they stop and offer you some?" I asked.
    "No." She said.
    "Then I think you went the other way."

The Brook hasn't called to ask when we're going to remove the furniture from her rooms. I guess mom is still with us. I'll just have to postpone my trip to the Caribbean for awhile longer.

There's a resort in Negril, Jamaica, called Hedonism II. I wonder if it really is ALL inclusive?

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment