Saturday, January 30, 2016

Fortune and Glory Easy If You Know Where To Look!

Day 83


I finally received my copy of Fortune and Glory: A Treasure Hunter's Handbook. As soon as I opened the book I discovered a mystery that confounded me. Why is the print in this book smaller than the interest rate on a credit card application? I need reading glasses and a magnifying glass to read this.

And that's not the only book with super small print I have come across this week. I went to the library and checked out two books; The Forgotten Room by Lincoln Child and The Magician by Lev Grossman. The Magician also has tiny print. Does it really cost that much more to add a few leafs of paper and make the print a little larger? I understand this book was also released in large print. What I don't know is; does the publisher have to pay separately for the rights to publish in large print? Also, if you find it necessary to release a large print edition; why not just use larger print to begin with?

My reading list; The Divine Comedy by Dante, Gods of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Silas Marner by George Eliot, Conan the Barbarian the Complete Collection by Robert E Howard, Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, and Life on the Mississippi by Mark Twain.

Searching for fortune and glory? The library is the first place to look. It's shelves are filled with rare gems waiting to be discovered. And endless tales of glory.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment