Thursday, March 31, 2016

Riding to Las Vegas

Day 144

"Rain, rain go away, c'mon back another day." That's what we used to say when we were children and wanted to go outside to play on a rainy day.

Today I doubt if many children would even notice or care about a rainy day. As long as they can get a ride to the teenage hangout known to us older folks as the shopping mall, they're good to go. Even if they stay home they can watch videos, go online or play computer games.

My friends and I used to live outside. Summer or winter. The house was stuffy and there was always extra chores to do when we stayed inside.

I previously posted about flying a kite. I'm sure todays youth would find that activity boring. Just standing around and watching a kite sailing in the sky. Of course today kites are more sophisticated and can be made to do different tricks. Still mild compared to video games.

Often I think, as did generations before me, that things keep getting faster. Maybe it's just a case of "I'm getting slower". Nothing comes easy anymore. Not even sleep. I think I just need  more exercise. So with that in mind I'm going to climb aboard the exercise bike and ride to Las Vegas. Those are my kind of games.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment