Friday, March 4, 2016

Smelly Cat

Day 117


I have to hurry and write tonights post before my cat comes back in the house. You see he's a might bit sensitive about his condition and I don't want him to be depressed because I wrote about his affliction. Before I go any further I want it understood that he is not at fault. He has no control over this problem. I feel that I may be somehow at fault, something I've done, something I should have done but didn't. I'm not sure how to say this without seeming to be a cruel pet owner. So I shall just say it. I must be quick, he is scratching at the door to be let in. My cat has, oh dear God, my cat has flatulence.

I don't know how this could have happened. His mother does not show signs of this affliction. I'm embarrassed to say I never met my boys father. I believe I once had a glimpse of him but he just "hit it and forget it". We never saw him again. My little girl kitty blamed me because I had her fixed. She felt it changed her and the deadbeat dad cat never returned.

All I know now is that I was quietly sleeping last night when I began to choke, I though the gas line must have broke. But natural gas is scented like rotten eggs, this was ten times worse. As I rose from my pillow I noticed my cat had been sleeping close by and he to had caught wind of the foul odor. The stench finally dissipated and I returned to my bed.

Earlier to day as I watched a dvd I was affronted with the same noxious fumes. As my cat was resting on my lap, there could be no mistake from whence the stink arose. My own cat, with a look of innocence had contrived the ultimate SBD (silent but deadly) of which any man would have been proud.

The first thing to cross my mind was Lisa Kudrow singing her hit song Smelly Cat. The lyrics kept repeating in my head. "Smelly cat, smelly cat...what are they feeding you."

He's been outside for six hours now and I can only hope whatever combination that has caused this has been "dumped" somewhere away from my home.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment