Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Someday...Why Not Today?

Day 121

Someone once said, "Someday, is just code for never."


Someday, I'll go to Paris, France.

Someday, I'll learn guitar and play in a rock'n' roll band.

Someday, I'll make enough money to retire and live comfortably.

Someday, I'll meet someone and fall in love.

And on and on. Is someday just a dream? Is it false hope? Or do we really mean to do these things but somewhere along the line we meet someone cynical who tells us to quit dreaming and act like a normal person. Get a job. Go to work everyday. Get married. Have a family. Save for retirement. Then hope we make it to 65. So "someday" we can retire.

I believe "someday" should be synonymous with hope. Hope is what motivates me, hope is what keeps me going, hope is the reason I get out of bed each day. Because I always hope someday will be today.

Personally, there is a place in Ohio called Ravenwood Castle I would like to visit "someday". The murder mystery's look like a lot of fun.

The point is, don't give up on your dreams. Don't wait for someday to happen, make it happen today.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment