Thursday, March 10, 2016

Just This 'N' That

Day 123

How many times can I write about the beautiful day it has been here in Houghton Lake? How many times can I write about the warm weather?

Soon I'll be able to write about the ice leaving the lake and how the winter kill should be below normal with the short ice season. I believe the ice will be off the lake by the end of March. We have a week of unusually warm weather coming and the ice has already begun to recede.

My first fishing trip in my boat will be either at Reedsburg Dam flooding or at Backus lake. I'm sure I won't catch anything as the fish won't really start biting until the water warms them up a bit. So there probably won't be much action until May, but you just never know.

I am so looking forward to going fishing again. In my boat, not on the ice. Of course I do enjoy just cruising around the lake in my two seater. And as I have written before I'm looking for a small aluminum fishing boat 12'-14'. So far, no luck in my price range. That's it for tonight.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment