Sunday, October 30, 2016

My First Novel...Being Written Soon

Day 357

I have two days to prepare for my write a novel in one month challenge. I have been knocking several ideas around in my head and I have settled on one. I hope.

It will be the story of a young man who questions his career choice while working as an assistant at an animal hospital. There will be up's and down's and by the end, hopefully, he'll be wiser if not happier.

Someone suggested that writing the first novel is the hardest. So the best thing to do is write it and get it out of the way. Good or bad, just write it. Then put it away and start on your next one. Come back to the first one after several months, then start editing and rewrite as necessary.

It seems so easy now that I have settled on one idea. I must be careful though, I have been reading a Stephen King novel called Dumas Key and I don't want the supernatural creeping into my potential Hallmark movie.

There will be laughs, and there will be tears, for such is life.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment