Saturday, October 22, 2016

Dear Great Pumpkin...

Day 349

Dear Great Pumpkin,

I have been especially good this year. I have avoided the Halloween candy that the local Walmart has had on the shelves since the day after Labor Day. Each year I vow to resist the allure of the Milky Way, Nestle Crunch, Kit Kat and especially Butterfingers. I know this year I will succeed. I have steeled my resolve. I still have more than a week to go but I am confident I can do it.

Now, as for the most sincere pumpkin patch. The only one here in Houghton Lake is at Barts Fruit Market. I don't question their sincerity but it does look a little contrived to me. I tried to grow my own pumpkins but the deer smashed them. I didn't want the pumpkins to go to waste, so I made pies out of them. I hope this is not a deal breaker.

Oh well, I guess I'll try again next year.

Sincerely (until tomorrow),
Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment