Sunday, October 23, 2016

Can't Wait to Start...My Novel

Day 350

The Detroit Lions won another thriller today against the Washington Redskins. This puts the Lions one game above .500 so far with the Houston Texans next then the Vikings before the break. So the Lions are still in the playoff picture. It would really be nice to see the Lions win in the playoffs.

I have a big meeting tomorrow night with my writing group. Elections and the Christmas dinner plans. A new member to vote on (a formality) and schedule the readers for the next quarter.

I still haven't settles on a story for my novel. I should just write about my past experiences. It's what I know best and seems to be popular on my blog. But I also want to write some detective stories set in 1920's Detroit.

Well, the idea of doing this challenge is to get the first novel written and out of the way. The first is the hardest. Unless, of course, it's a best seller, then the second book is the hardest because the bar has been set so high by the first.

Either way neither is going to get written until I just do it. So November 1st begins my first novel and I finish it by November 30th. It may be total crap, but at least it will be done and I can learn from writing it.

That's enough rambling for one night.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment