Sunday, May 8, 2016

Spring Has Sprung

Day 182

Yes. Spring has finally arrived.

Just today I saw five goose families; that's papa, mama and the babies. All within a few minutes along Old 27.

Unless I'm very lucky I won't see a fawn until June.

A couple of weeks ago, while fishing at Backus Lake, I heard and saw a pair of Loons. Very musical birds. I've never seen more than three pairs during any season there. Usually just one pair. And always only one baby. It could be that that's all that survives. I don't see the baby until it is near full grown.

Last year, while fishing on the same lake in my boat, I saw a mama duck with six babies sunning themselves on a stump.

It is not uncommon to see several turtles sunning themselves on that very same stump; though not at the same time as the ducks.

Soon the turtles will be crossing roads to lay their eggs. I don't know why they cross roads but they do. So be careful, that rock or clump of sod in the road, might be a turtle.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment