Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Reedsburg Dam Fishing Report-May 3, 2016

Day 177

 Reedsburg Dam May 2016
The river is high and fast at this time so fishing on the low side of the dam is possible but very difficult.

On the east side, space for casting is limited and the saplings and brush that grows by the water, is even or in front of you. This limits both casting and drift area as you must reel in sooner or risk getting your gear caught in the vegetation.
Reedsburg Dam east side May 2016 
The west side with the stairs is completely flooded. You could try fishing from the pedestal at the bottom.
Reedsburg Dam west side May 2106
The new dock at the boat launch is in. I'm not a fan of the dock. Most boats launched at Reedsburg are small and can be easily boarded from the front. The dock isn't necessary and takes up space.

I sat down in my favorite folding chair near the launch to try my luck. It was the only place I found accessible.

I tried several plastics including a swim tail and a fan tail on various colored jigheads. I tried a white minnow with a swim tail. I tried night crawlers. I tried deep, I tried shallow. I tried here, I tried there. Nothing worked. Not even a bite.

I shall endeavor to persevere.

In my experience, the fish start biting by the boat launch about an hour after the mosquito's start biting. It can be a great place to fish in the evening in the summer. If you bring a mosquito net and plenty of insect repellent.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment