Saturday, February 6, 2016

Superbowl, Puppy Bowl and The Kitten Bowl... OH MY!

Day 90


Tomorrow (Sunday) is the big day. The Kitten Bowl. The Puppy Bowl. So much cuteness you'll have to pay extra attention when brushing your teeth. The American Dental Association rails against the sweetness while secretly sponsoring both cavity causing events. It will be rough and tumble and silly play as babies of all species seem to do. Oh, and later in the evening some guys are going to play football to determine the national champion.

Hurray. The Superbowl is finally here. The last I read a 30 second commercial during the Superbowl cost $5 million dollars. I could live comfortably for the rest of my life for about 5 seconds worth. I hear one of the winners of the $1.5 billion Powerball jackpot is buying commercial time to show some recent purchases, just to make sure everyone knows they won the Superbowl of lottery jackpots. Some of the players now believe they deserve to be paid $1.5 billion dollars. After all it costs a lot to maintain the NFL lifestyle to which they have become accustomed. At least the puppies and kittens only want a loving home, although some would argue a loving home is priceless. I would agree with them.

I won't be spending $5 million on a Superbowl Sunday commercial, but I will splurge $5 on a small pizza at Hungry Howies. It won't help me lose weight but the Superbowl is the perfect excuse to break my diet for one day. As long as it's only for ONE day. Maybe I'll double down and get some ice cream too. There goes my diet. Well, a hundred hour on an exercise bike should take care of the extra calories. First I have to get on the bike.

My prediction for Superbowl 50. I would like to see Denver win because I believe this will be Peyton Mannings' last year. I think he will retire after this. But the Panthers have been an unstoppable juggernaut this year and my money is on Carolina to win. Another expansion team to join the NFL long after my Detroit Lions, but will win the Superbowl, long before the Lions do.

Until tomorrow,

Ken


No comments:

Post a Comment