Monday, February 29, 2016

Spring Can't Come Too Soon

Day 113

At five am today I had some great ideas for my next story but I haven't started it yet. So I'll just write about...huh.

Well we have had some incredibly warm weather this winter and I'm hoping for the ice to be off the lakes by early April. The weather.com site is predicting 56 degrees a week from Wednesday That's almost warm enough for me to go to Reedsburg Dam and fish. It will depend on the water level. I can't stand up for long periods of time so I use a folding chair when I fish from shore. If the water is too high up on the bank I can't use the chair.

Fifty degrees is the lowest I'll go fishing in the fall but sixty degrees in the spring. With the ice melting and the frost coming out of the ground, it seems colder than in the fall when the ground is still warm. Usually the fish don't bite much in the early spring. At least that has been my experience. But the ones that do bite are pretty good size. Mostly I catch Bass and Northern Pike in the spring. The Bluegill and Perch and other pan fish start biting later in the spring/early summer.

Until then we plunge back down to high's in the mid twenties and more snow on the way. Typical Michigan weather. I have plenty of writing to do before the warm weather gets here.

Until tomorrow.

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment