Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Fat Tuesday and the Five Dollar Bill

Day 93


Whoever decided to put Fat Tuesday two days after the Super Bowl had no consideration for my weight loss goals. I know someone out there is thinking that my weight problems are completely under my control. But I disagree.

First, almost all good tasting food is fattening (I read that on the internet so it must be true). Secondly, how can I lose weight when I am constantly barraged by television ads for fast foods? When I try to get my daily exercise by walking to the mail box, it's stuffed with fast food coupons. Who can resist Arby's Beef n Cheddar's 2 for $5? Or three regular roast beef sandwiches for $5? Hot and ready large pepperoni pizza for $5. Two McDonalds Big Mac's for $5. Can you see a pattern here?

So, for the sake of my waistline, when someone tries to give me a five dollar bill I'll tell them to give me a ten instead, and I'll give them back a five the next time I have one. This way I won't think, "Hey, I've got a fiver in my wallet, I should gorge on some fast food."

So what have we learned? Boycott the five dollar bill and the problem with obesity will be solved. I'm glad we have that straightened out.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment