Friday, February 19, 2016

Review of Legend of Christine Dore

Day 103


So here's what I learned about writing a 4 part story on my blog. According to Google stats:
Legend of Christine Dore had 6 views,
Part 2 had 9 views,
Part 3 had 10 views,
The conclusion had 4 views.

I would really have thought the beginning would have the most views, then decline after that if the story wasn't interesting enough or I wasn't telling the story very well. It would seem that three parts are enough or readers thought the end was too grisly. Or they just got bored.

Maybe sea stories is a very small niche, at least for now. Maybe everyone was burned out by the Disney Pirates of the Caribbean, all four episodes and counting. Maybe Jack Sparrow should have been the captain of the Christine Dore and came up with some elaborate plot to save everyone. But that's not how the story goes. It could have used more description and more flavor, it was pretty vanilla. But I only put first draft on my blog and I only edit for spelling and grammar. I'm saving the final drafts for an ebook of short stories. Available this summer 2016 on Amazon Kindle and others.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment