Thursday, November 12, 2015

Two Burritos and the Joy of Painting

Recently I came across an old PBS show called The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross, I find it utterly amazing this man could take 8-12 dabs of paint, a 2" standard paint brush, a fantail brush and a 1" paint scraper (palette knife) and magically jab, dab, swish and scrape a beautiful landscape painting that many people would pay large amounts of money to own. And do it in just 30-45 minutes.

After the Rain by Bob Ross

So your wondering where the two burritos comes in. I ate one when having lunch with my mom and my aunt and my cousins. The first one was so good that I ate another for dinner. A few hours later while watching the Joy of Painting on Youtube, I get an irresistible urge. Suddenly i have an overwhelming desire to run to the bathroom before I paint a masterpiece of my own.

Now I know why Picasso painted The Scream...he couldn't make it of the pier in time,

The Scream by Picasso

The moral of the story is don't eat (the american idea of) Mexican food twice in the same day but if you do keep a roll of toilet paper handy and don't stray too far from a commode or you'll be making a Scream of your own.

Books I am currently reading: Dantes Divine Comedy, Stuart Woods Stone Barrington series, Robert E. Keller Knights series and LeRoy Neimen autobiography.

Gotta put this one to bed. Until tomorrow,

Ken 

No comments:

Post a Comment