Tuesday, November 10, 2015

An Evening of Theater Houghton Lake High School Presents the Musical Bye Bye Birdie

Day 2 of 365


I love going to the theater for live performances. When I lived in Royal Oak (Detroit suburb) I saw many popular and some not so popular productions. I've seen Cats, Annie and Showboat done professionally as well as Lil' Abner at a local high school to name a few. Nothing compares to seeing a live performance on stage when often an actor with a small part will stand out. Such was the case with the Lil' Abner I attended. When Marryin' Sam sang with Daisy Mae "I'm Past My Prime" the actor playing Marryin' Sam just stole the show. Here is live version I found on Youtube.

"I'm Past My Prime"
From Lil' Abner

It has been my pleasure since moving here in 2005 to enjoy an evening of theater at both Houghton Lake High School and Kirtland Community College. I have yet to see what Roscommon High School has to offer but I will.

These high school programs need your support so come out and see "Bye Bye Birdie" Who knows you may see a superstar in the making.

Houghton Lake High School drama students will be taking on the musical Bye Bye Birdie this season November 12-14 starting at 7:00 pm, Tickets are $8 & $10.

"What's Wrong with These Kids Today?"
From Bye Bye Birdie

That's all  for now. Come back tomorrow when I supply another gem.

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment