Saturday, November 14, 2015

My New Amazon Kindle Fire Review

Day 6

I just received my new Amazon Fire tablet reader. I'm very excited. I have wanted a Kindle reader for a long time now. There are just so many (over a million) free books on Amazon but it gets tedious reading on my laptop and I can't read in bed. So when I saw the latest edition Kindle for just $49.99 I had to do it. The low price comes with startup advertising and the new Fire can be purchased with the ads for I believe $15 more.

Kindle Fire 7"

First the shipping was very fast. I ordered on Tuesday, November 10th and I received it Friday, November 13th. Out of the box it comes with the tablet and a usb charging cable and usb wall plug. It is a 7" screen with 8gb expandable using up to a 128gb sd memory card. I ordered just the Kindle tablet with no other accessories opting to purchase them later if I want them.

When I turned the unit on it asked for my language and then font size small, medium, large. And is currently plugged into the wall outlet while updating the software. It did come with 74% charge but they recommend plugging it in to prevent running out of power during the upgrade.

So far I've primarily checked out the Kindle app that comes with it. I am currently reading Anna Karenina. I'm just trying a variety of classic novels.

Even though the screen is not Hi Def it still has vibrant colors and the book pages are clear and bright. I may report more later after I have more time to play with it.

Thanks for stopping by. Tomorrow "Tales from a Deer Camp" in honor of opening day for rifle deer season.

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment