Friday, June 24, 2016

Life is Like a Spinning Wheel

Day 229

I have so much that needs to be done. And I don't want to do any of it. I need to cut the grass, correction, I need to cut the weeds. The grass doesn't grow much.

I need to replace a window on the front of my mobile home. I've had a plywood sheet covering the opening all winter and my place is starting to look like a trailer park trailer.

The deck needs to be refinished but with the luck my brother has had with his, I'm afraid it would be a waste of time and money.  First, he tried Thompsons, it contained wax that melted on hot summer days and lasted one year. Then he tried a highly touted, and expensive, solid stain that didn't last a year before it started to peel off.

I haven't put my two man boat in the water yet. With my breathing issues the past few months I fear I won't be able to load the boat back into my truck without gasping for breath. Some good Samaritan might think I'm having a heart attack and call 911.

I've been eating too much of the wrong foods and I have no energy.

I start each day with good intentions. I eat breakfast. I feel tired. I take a nap. I wake up feeling worse than when I went to sleep. I drink coffee trying to revive. I eat lunch and take another nap. I get up and drink more coffee. I'm getting jittery from the coffee.

Somehow find the energy to get to the mailbox and back. I need to rest in my recliner. I fall asleep. I wake up and have dinner. After dinner I want to sleep but if I do I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Around 8 pm I wake up. The day is over. Too late to do any work. I watch TV.

Eleven pm is bed time. I take some Nyquil to help me sleep. I read a book until I stay awake.

I get up in the morning with good intentions. My life is like a spinning wheel, spinning around and around but going nowhere.

OMG! I'm a reality TV show.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment