Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Good Sandwich Hunting

Day 212

I remember when I was 4 years old my mom made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And I wouldn't touch it. I was aghast. How could my mother desecrate my jelly sandwich by adding that butter whatcha macallit?

The very thought of it made me cry. I crossed my arms and stuck out my lower lip in protest. I didn't care how hungry I was, I wasn't going to eat that desecration of my sweet Welch's grape jelly (no jam thank you very much).

I tried to fob the sandwich off on my brother. He ate anything. But mom used the "mother override" to prevent the transaction. I was stuck with the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Eventually, hunger won out.

One bite and I was converted. I was in sandwich heaven. Who had kept this wonderful mixture of peanut and grape? Why hadn't my mother made this for me sooner?

As I am writing this I am enjoying my grape jelly with extra chunky peanut butter. So is my cat. She'll eat anything except cat food. I am tempted to put some cat food on bread and see if she'll eat it.

That is assuming I don't eat it first. By accident! I wouldn't intentionally eat a cat food sandwich. It's just that some times I forget what kind of sandwich I made. You know. You set it down to watch a cute cat video on YouTube and you forget what you put between the slices.

It happens all of the time.

Right?

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment