Monday, June 6, 2016

Getting Some Sleep

Day 211

I have been tired today. Not the "dragging a heavy load around all day" kind of tired. The "I really need to go back to bed and sleep" kind of tired.

I haven't been sleeping well since I went to Bay City for a Sleep Study. The study threw my sleep habit out of whack. I've only been sleeping in short, two to three hour stretches.

The study revealed, I don't achieve deep sleep during that time. For now, I just want to go back to sleeping at night...all night.

When I was young, my problem was getting out of bed in the morning. Then I took a job washing dishes at an all night diner, the 11 pm to 7 am shift. I could hardly sleep during the day. I was so tired.

Now, I can sleep 3 or 4 hours during the day no problem. I even sleep better during the day than I do at night. That's how out of whack I am.

So what is it? Is it my age? I've read somewhere that the older we get the less sleep we need. But is it we NEED less or we just GET less? I vote for the latter.

Is it worrying about money? Even if we skimp and save for retirement, we worry about money when we get older. There's an inherent fear we won't have enough, and we will be unable to make more.

Maybe I need a woman. An intimate relationship could bring more stability to my day. Then again it could add a lot of stress. Besides, I have a heart condition; too much lovin' could be a fatal thing.

It's been very windy so far this summer and I haven't done much fishing. Maybe that's my problem. I'll have to give it a try. It may not help but at least I know it won't kill me. Assuming I don't doze off and fall into the lake and drown.

I guess that's a chance I will have to take.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment