Saturday, December 26, 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens...Still a Little Sleepy

Day 48


I'm sure I'll take heat for this but being a fan of Star Wars since 1977 when the first movie came out, I have to say the latest installment seemed like a 2+ hours setup for the next two movies. I agree with reviews that compare the new movie to the originals. There are great special effects and the storm troopers still have terrible aim. The emergence of past characters gives the movie some a hint of the original as the baton is being passed to a new generation of heroes and villains. I had hoped the new movie would be taken from one of the numerous Star Wars novels but I was disappointed. There are shades of the novels but nothing concrete.

I have to write that the movie, for me, was just OK. With Disney taking over I was hoping for better. I don't want to reveal anything and I'm not a movie critic. The movie has set records for ticket sales which is exactly what Disney was looking for, so in that respect the movie is a great success. As for the story I believe fans deserve better. If your looking for a taste of nostalgia, this movie is for you. I can only hope the next two movies will be better and not follow suit.

Until tomorrow, may the force be with you,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment