Friday, December 18, 2015

My New Years Resolutions

Day 40


I expect to have a few days off to concentrate on my writing during this busy time of the year. Christmas is just around the corner and the beginning of a New Year. The start of the year, of course, begins with promises of self improvement.

I myself am making the New Years resolutions of: losing weight and keeping it off, and getting at least two books published. These two are linked because when I lose weight it's easier to concentrate without feeling weary. staying sharp and focused is the name of the game when writing.Plus when I publish I will be travelling from place to place around Michigan doing book signings and for that I'll need to be in much better shape and looking and feeling my best.

Here's the plan. I start by eating properly proportioned meals 3-4 times a day. Coupled with an exercise program designed for weight lose and muscle tone. This will take care of the weight problem. I've done it before I just couldn't get past the holidays. This time I'm starting after the holidays. It will still require will power to get past the Superbowl but I believe I can do it without snacking.

The second part will require discipline. I must set aside time each and every day to write and edit. My first project will be a book of poetry. I have a natural knack for poetry. I believe I can produce and edit this quickly and go through the publishing process while planning my first novel. This won't be as easy.

I have a number of ideas for novels, almost all of which I want to make into a series of novels. Recently someone suggested I pick the three strongest ideas I have and write the first ten pages of each. Then go with the one that feels the best. The plan is to finish and publish by the end of the year or sooner.

My muse for the poetry will be Michigan autumn. The poetry book is to get my name out there and I will follow it with another if it shows promise. The winter is the best time for me to write and create because I don't go ice fishing. So I'll be spending most of my time at home. Hopefully writing.

So that is to be my New Years resolutions. The time is now.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment