Thursday, December 3, 2015

I am a Procrastinator

Day 25


I am a procrastinator. There I've admitted it, but it doesn't change anything. I have a hole in my kitchen floor about the size of a mans size thirteen gray slipper right foot. How do I know? Because that's what made the hole. And it's not the first hole. Just a continuation of another hole. I put my whole right leg through the first hole. I should have completely removed and replaced that section of the floor. I went fishing instead. Numerous times.

I went to Home Depot to get a piece of wood to cover the hole so I won't get any uninvited guests tonight. I placed the piece of plywood over the hole and checked by the door to see if I had taken the screws back out to the shed after I had covered the first hole. Fortunately I had procrastinated about taking them back to the shed so I didn't have to fumble around in the dark looking for the screws. One for procrastinating.

I grabbed the cordless drill motor off the table where I left it after covering the first hole. Two for procrastinating. The screw bit was still in the chuck, That's three. I loaded a screw and started to run it into the wood cover to keep it from moving. The battery was dead. I had put off charging it. While the battery is charging I have time to write my blog entry for today. Call that even.

So while I'm waiting for the drill motor battery to charge I'll just say this. If I had done the job right in the few hours it would have taken, I wouldn't have needed the drill motor or the screws. But it all worked out in the end. Soon I'll be watching football. I can finish patching the hole in the morning.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment