Thursday, September 8, 2016

Two Heads

Day 305

I am writing this down, in case something happens to me, there will be a record. I'm not sure how to explain what has been happening around this house. Strange occurrences which began just a short time ago. At first it was just simple things; a towel moved from it's place, small things that went missing only to reappear in their correct place that I had checked previously.

Then cupboard doors left open just after I had closed them. Milk turning sour just after opening. Apples with a bite out of them. A bite that I hadn't eaten.

Some other member of the household you will say, playing a prank on me.Some jester with a macabre sense of humor. Accept that I live alone with my tabby cat as my only company. He a jolly old tomcat who enjoys eating and sleeping by the fireplace.

As of late he had taken to sleeping close to me on the bed. Normally he is not allowed but he has been seemed so pathetic when I shew him off the bed that I have allowed him to remain. The past few nights he has been climbing onto my pillow, shaking, I assumed, from the cold and damp.

This past night, as I went to my bed, I rolled onto my side as I do when I sleep. After a few minutes I could feel the pillow behind my head compress as the old boy climbed onto his customary spot. That night he was shaking more than usual. This was keeping me awake so I started to turn and shew him from behind me, when I glanced out my bedroom window.

There on the sill outside my window was my tabby cat, woefully looking in. Suddenly, his stood on end as he arched his back and spat. He was looking over my shoulder at something behind my head. I jumped out of bed and turned on the light next to the bed. There in my pillow was the indentation from my head and next to that was another indentation.

I have just learned that the woman who owned the house before me had committed suicide when her husband had left her for another woman. She had overdosed on sleeping pills in her bed in that same room.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment