Friday, August 19, 2016

Some Guy's Have All the Luck

Day 285

I was talking to an old friend of mine, his name is Jim. Jim told me a story about his brother Del, a slacker who lived in his basement. Every week Del would ask Jim to "borrow" some money for food beer and a lottery ticket.

One day Del calls him from the basement (apparently to lazy to walk up the stairs) and asked Jim, "How much is lottery jackpot up to?"

Jim told him, "$50 million."

Del called back again and asked, "What's for dinner?"

Jim replied, "Meatloaf."

Del called again and asked, "What are the winning lottery numbers?"

About an hour later Jim decides to call Del and ask him if he wants to chip in for dinner.

Jim calls Del's phone.

Del's personal assistant answers. She informs Jim, "Del is currently on his private jet going to Europe for a much needed vacation. When he returns he will no longer be accepting your calls. From now on he only associates with winners."

"I guess he won the lottery."

I put my hand on Jim's shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

"Well." I said. "At least he's out of your basement."

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment