Saturday, August 20, 2016

Lazy Day With My Muse

Day 286

When I woke up this morning it was overcast and cool (if you can consider 75 degrees cool) and soon it started raining. It was a perfect day to stay in bed and sleep, or read a book and then sleep. I thought to myself, "Who am I to trifle with Mother Natures grand designs?"

So after much deliberation and two hours of Murder She Wrote, I returned to my warm, comfortable bed. I read for awhile and then drifted off to dreamland and a great new idea for a poem and a short story. It really pays to listen to your muse. In this case Mother Nature.

As for the story and the poem, I plan to self publish the poem and try to publish the short story in a magazine and then a self published book. Shouldn't be too long. Assuming I can stop napping all day and sit down and write.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment