Thursday, August 11, 2016

Nasty...

Day 277

At one time I was half owner of a cleaning business. The other half was owned by my close friend Irene. We had been working our newest and biggest building contract for about a month. It was a small manufacturing business and we were contracted to clean four offices, fifteen cubicles, a lunch/break room and 4 restrooms (2 men's, 2 women's). There was only the two of us and it was about four hours of our night.

When we started the job they shifted to 24 hour shifts manufacturing. No effect on the office cleaning but the break room and two restrooms were constantly in use. We would clean them and they would be just the same as before, twenty minutes after we finished.

As you can guess we were pretty disgusted and unhappy. Especially Irene. She thought men were slobs until she had to clean this place. Office people can real messy and that's putting it mildly.

One Friday night, Irene was running a dust mop over the hallway tile floor and I stopped on my way to clean the men's room. I don't know what I had been eating but all day I had been a one man supply of natural gas. It was like I had been eating too much fiber and apple juice with a colon cleanser chaser. Whatever it was it had been in there a long time cause let me tell ya, that cheese was aged and ripe.

Anyway, I stopped to talk to Irene when one of the "war dogs" slipped it's chain. I made a hasty retreat because this was one of those times when I definitely did NOT "like my own brand".

As I turned the corner of the L shaped hallway, I looked back to see the fallout from the bomb I had dropped. Just then, one of the office managers came through the door from the shop, walking toward Irene.

My underpants ninja hit them both right in the nose at the same time. I didn't hang around to watch the fallout, as the little fellow might try to follow me.

Later, Irene caught up with me and told me the rest of the story. When the office manager had walked past Irene, she was the only one in the hallway, so naturally he thought she was to blame. He looked at her as if he couldn't believe something so vile could come out of such a small woman.

I couldn't stop laughing. Even when she hit me with a right cross. Then she started laughing too. They cancelled our contract two days later. We didn't argue.

Until tomorrow,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment